Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport (HIA) has been ranked as the World’s Best Airport 2022 and has been described as the most architecturally significant terminal complex in the world. HIA strategically connects the East and West sides of the globe, serving more than 150 destinations.
- 80% of the world’s population is within 6-hour flight from HIA, positioning it as the gateway between Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Serves over 360,000 flights and 30 million passengers every year.
- Phase A of expansion plans will see the airport’s capacity increase to 58 million passengers per year by the end of 2022, with Phase B to commence post 2022 increasing capacity to more than 60 million per year.
- Has the largest aircraft maintenance hangar and the eighth longest runway in the world.
- It’s 600,000 sqm passenger terminal is Qatar’s biggest building.