Invest Qatar Panel at Doha Forum 2022
Twenty-two years since its inception, Doha Forum, now in its twentieth edition, r will discuss ‘Transforming for a New Era’, with a focus on four core areas: Geopolitical Alliances and International Relations. Financial System and Economic Development, Defense, Cyber and Food Security & Climate Change and Sustainability.
As part of Doha Forum’s “Economic Development” core area this year, Invest Qatar will host a panel focusing on: The Future of Foreign Direct Investment in the Post-COVID Era
More than two years since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the global economy has begun its recovery with the World Bank forecasting global growth of 4.4% in 2022. While the economic recovery has rebounded robustly, systemic and cultural changes globally and across regions may be longer lasting. Was the pandemic just a blimp on the radar or has it fundamentally changed business decision-marking and the flow and volume of FDI around the globe? In this session our panelists will explore questions such as:
1. What does the future of foreign direct investment look like in the post-Covid era?
2. Are businesses changing their priorities and decision-making processes to adapt to this new environment?
3. Have countries begun to shift their strategies for investment attraction?
• Sheikh Ali Alwaleed Al-Thani, CEO, IPA Qatar
• Mr. A. Burak Daglioglu, President, Investment Office of Turkey
• Ms. Lana Khalaf, Country Manager, Microsoft Qatar
• Mr. Santiago Bañales López, Managing Director Iberdrola Innovation Middle East
• Ms. Eleni Giokos, CNN Anchor and Correspondent
27 Mar 2022
11:15 am - 12:05 pm